
It has been a full week in my
You might be wondering how God's word and carving pumpkins fit together, but let me explain. Last weekend, R and I dug into the WORD with several like-minded people. Our study time together was something that I have been missing for quite some time: we asked questions, challenged what was written, and prayed for each other. It seems as though my soul has been parched for this kind of fellowship--longing for deep connection with other followers of Jesus.
After our time together we had another get together in which we carved pumpkins in celebration of the upcoming thanksgiving season. After much hard work, careful carving, artistic license and creativity we came up with our beloved creation. I believe all of us were in awe of our artistic creations (if you look closely our pumpkin has a tongue;)). If R and I along with the others can be so enamored by our creations, I cannot help but think about how our creator is in awe of us! I think carving pumpkins with our newfound friends has got to be one of the greatest highlights of my week in this new land!
4 comments:
you're so beautiful mel :) em.
Funny looking Pumpkin!! :) I have a story book for the kids about how carving out a pumpkin is a metaphor for God coming and cleaning the junk out of our lives and putting his light in us to shine forth to the world.
Are you guys coming down here for Thanksgiving or waiting until the Christmas season to make the treck down this way? Or not at all? :)
Love you guys and hope this coming week is filled with new adventures, (how's the cooking going by the way? - I had some interesting experiences the first few months of marriage - maybe you're better prepared than I was! :)
Jen,
we wish we could be there for thanksgiving, but we won't be able to make the trek until Christmas! Will you guys be there for Christmas? We can't wait to see you again!!
Hey Mel! Wow, this answers my question, that the interview in VanCity went well and that you are where you should be, in your husband's arms!!! Praise our Father in Heaven! I am so happy that you are finally there (though selfishly a bit sad that you are not here)! I am praying for you guys!!! Love you!
Post a Comment