It’s Saturday afternoon and all I can hear is the pounding of keys. R and I are sharing a quiet afternoon together in the comfort of our noisy thoughts. I presume he is thinking about the democratization of central It seems as though life's road has become rather complex, with various twists and turns. As a little girl, I remember when the road seemed straight and predictable. The only questions I had concerned what sandwich I wanted for lunch, or what color pajamas I wanted to wear to bed. Now as an adult woman, it seems as though the towering trees cloud my view, hindering me from seeing the road ahead, filling my head with many questions and unknowns: what steps should I be taking? Should I be working right now? Where should I invest my time? What does the role of being a "wife" entail? What happens when your dreams get "pushed aside" for awhile? Do all dreams have to go through death period before they are resurrected again?
At present, I feel as though my dreams are thousands of loose threads floating around waiting for a tailor to fashion them in some sort of beautiful semblance. How do these dreams and desires fit together? Will I find the answers around the bend in the road? You know, I think there are times when the questions outweigh the answers, and perhaps that is okay.
I guess that is where I am at today--filled with questions, musings, and contemplations. Today My comfort is found in knowing that the Lord is with me even when the way seems unclear. And I am truly glad that I need only take another step on the road today.
2 comments:
this is so well written mel, and i completely understand. growing into ourselves is painful... yet breathtakingly beautiful. and when the answers arrive, sometimes we are stunned by how simple they are... really, it's all about the journey right? the growth that occurs because of the pitstops and hurdles. love you! em.
thanks so much em for that encouraging comment:)
love you!
Post a Comment