Thursday, June 21, 2007

crawling

-- by Melanie
I've checked my email for the
billionth time today hoping that someone has kindly heard my plea for employment. Instead, I've only found a notice of zero emails in my account. If any of you have ever job hunted you now how I feel. Each new morning is full of hope and by evening the hope sinks behind the clouds, like the last rays of sunlight.

I feel as though God is taking me through a rather humbling time. Moving to another country and "starting all over again" is something only an immigrant can experience. As an immigrant, despite your experience or education, you begin to take baby steps all over again. I feel as though I am crawling these days.

Yet as I "crawl", I am learning to slow down and hearken to God's voice. On my hands and knees I am able to see the world from a new perspective. I am vulnerable and weak, in need of others to pick me up, and perhaps that is a good place to be.

In time, I may take some more steps, but I pray that I would continue to have the "attitude of one who's crawling".

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Hey Mel. I know the job hunting feat seems like a daunting task but just remember that with every "no" you get the closer you are to that perfect job. God will provide and eventually he'll allow you stand. Good metaphor by the way! I'll be praying for you!

kanadians in korea said...

dear mel... i said a prayer for you tonight re: employment. i thought you guys were going to asia tho? what kinds of jobs are you applying for? i am also waiting notice in my email box for a publisher for my book. please pray about this for me. love you, em.

Melanie N. Brasher said...

Thanks Kerri & Em! Your prayers are appreciated:)

Oh, this is a job for the fall--hopefully related to education:) Yes, we are still going to Asia this summer:)))

keep me posted about the book EM--that is exciting:) I will pray right now:)
Mel

Seenhwa said...

Mel, I felt what you are feeling now when I applied for jobs after gaining my M.L.S. degree. God is refining you while preparing the perfect job in His plan, I believe. Miss you.