
I woke up yesterday thinking that I would have to rush out the door for another busy day at school, but then realized that I was officially finished. I love that feeling. I rolled over and went back to sleep.
After some much needed rest, Ryan and I went for a walk and discovered a turtle in our condo area! He (or she?) was just sauntering along. I knocked on his shell, and he tucked his head inside letting me know that he was "not home". I knew how he felt.
Like the turtle, it is time to slow down. Ryan and I are finished with school (except he still has to write a paper and he is preparing to teach a class this summer), and we are looking forward to the next season in our lives--parenting! Baby Brasher is three weeks away from entering this world (according to our schedule). There is so much to do to prepare, but can we really be prepared?
I love mindless work sometimes: filing papers, cleaning the house, buying things for the baby, and running errands. This is my first weekend in ages where I don't have to grade papers.
I think Ryan and I are going to saunter off like the turtle we saw yesterday, and if "busyness" knocks at our door we'll tuck our heads in and say, "we're not home".
No comments:
Post a Comment