Saturday, April 18, 2009

My love is home


I hear him fumbling with the keys outside our door, and my heart flutters. My love is home, and it seems as though it has been hours.

"I'm home." He calls from the bottom of the stairs.

"Hi, love", I return back with a warm smile on my face.

I bound down the staircase, and I see a movie and some popcorn. A quirky smile spreads from corner to corner, and he opens his arm for an embrace.

It's Friday, and it's date night.

It's time to forget about the week, put our baby to bed, and catch up on us. It's time to make some tea, pop some corn, and cuddle on the couch. It's time to forget about our cares, and ignore the world.

My heart is at rest, for my love has come home.


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet. glad to hear you guys are making time for each other. it's harder to do once kids enter the picture.

what movie did you watch?

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you make time for date nights mel. very very important. i'm also curious--what movie did you watch? :) love em.

~Rain``` said...

You two are adorable. Love you guys!