Tuesday, May 26, 2009

evening plea

Father,

Save me from the desire to

Strive, become, do, and busy myself.

Save me from the need to

Know, understand, grapple and ascertain your plan for me.

Rescue me from the sin that so easily entangles, and

release me into your grace.

For if need be, I would rather be than do,

And if need be, I would rather stay than go

If that is what it takes to know and follow you.

3 comments:

~Rain``` said...

Beautiful. My prayer as well. Hmmmm, your new blog look is the blue version of mine. Cool!

Dea' said...

"...rather be than do"
Um...yikes! That one is tough my friend. I stand with your prayer and embrace it for myself as well.

Anonymous said...

i agree, this is tough. i find it so much easier to do than be, but you're right... all that matters in the end is that we WERE, for Christ. beautiful writing. love you. and happy birthday!!! em.