I dare not skip ahead of you,
nor lag behind,
for life is a dance, and I long for you to take the lead.
I desire to be in step with you so that
my hands intertwine with yours,
and my feet tap to your rhythm as we waltz through time.
Let each pirouette paint a picture of your grace
and when I stumble steady me with your strong, everlasting arm.
Let me know your presence as the tempo changes;
when all is familiar, let me not forget.
Save me from the insatiable desire to analyze the meaning of each step,
instead grant me glorious glimpses of our grand sequence.
After the music fades, the lights dim, and the last note plays,
continue to lead me, Lord, into eternity.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow... beautiful...
i agree. very beautiful. i hope i learn these dance steps, too...
i miss reading your posts mel! xoxo
Post a Comment