Monday, January 22, 2007

feeling alive

It is so good to be alive!

Yesterday R & I went for a ramble in the woods near our house. We listened to the crunch of the freshly fallen snow and the tapping of the woodpecker; created snow angels and ate snow; and shared stories from our childhood and dreams for our future.

It was a beautiful time.

During this time, I felt like I was six years old again, where nothing was impossible and everything delightful! I felt as though I was safe, cozy and so utterly blessed. I felt as though I could laugh at nothing and everything all at once. I felt so loved.

I felt alive.

Do you ever have "feeling alive" moments? It is when you cherish the breath in your nostrils and the mobility of your limbs. For me, it's moments like these that I realize that life is such a precious gift, and I pray that I would not take it for granted.

5 comments:

SpagettiKopf said...

Did Ryan mention the time we built an igloo in the backyard?! :)

Ryan & Melanie said...

yes, in fact he did on our walk yesterday:)) He mentioned pouring water over it so that it solidified over night....sounds like it was fun:)

mel

kanadians in korea said...

hey girl... i love these kinds of moments. snow somehow brings out the 'freshness' of life. i remember walking with trenton on his farm, and him getting down on one knee in the snow and giving me an engagement ring after my trip to lebanon. i felt pretty alive in that moment :) love you, em.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you feel alive! Let's go more often ;-)

Dea' said...

Aw! I was smiling as I read your post and pictured you tromping along and most likley flirting about with your husband and breathing in the fantastic clarity that is found in snowy woods.
I wish we had woods up here :)