Chocolate chip cookies in a hardware store, a new friend at a substitute teacher orientation meeting, and a cross along an interstate, are some of the blessings that I have recently found in unexpected places.Perhaps the greatest unexpected blessing has been finding God in the mundane routines of daily life. After returning back from an eventful, refreshing and inspiring Christmas break, where I was able to hear the sound of 20, 000 students lifting their voices to God and listen to the testimonies of HIS work around the world at URBANA, I have found myself ushered into a time of waiting and quiet once again.
As I continue to wait for immigration and employment papers, a new drivers license, and a social security number, all of the simple things we take for granted when we are citizens of a country, I have found beautiful moments of worship in the seemingly minuscule tasks in front of me. Indeed, there is no tantara of trumpets, or great fanfare, but there is a sense that God is with me as I wash my pots and pans. I sense that this time to love, learn and serve my husband is all a part of his GREAT plan.
Brother Lawrence, a saint who learned to find God in the most unexpected places said, " we ought not to be weary of doing little things for the love of God, who regards not the greatness of the work, but the love with which it is performed...lift up your heart to Him...he is nearer to us than we are aware of."
Finding God in the midst of doing laundry...now I can add that one to my list as well.
2 comments:
I love you too Dee! Thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog.
i hope i can find such contentment in simply living. please pray about this for me. thank you for your blogs... they are like devotions. perhaps you should write a book during this time? :) em.
Post a Comment