It seems as though last night's sunset brought not only physical darkness, but also a foreboding spiritual darkness.
Last night, I felt plagued with various fears about the future. Just when I thought I could ignore one, another one would take root inside my head. This pattern continued until I finally recognized that I was in some sort of battle, so I dragged myself to my computer to seek the prayers of some faithful prayer sisters in my life.
I do not quite understand the power of prayer? Somehow we have a connection with the God of the universe? Somehow when people join together in prayer something happens? I am just not certain how prayer works, but what I do know is that after the sunset I feel asleep in peace knowing that people were praying and that my heavenly father was in control.
Now after the sunrise, I find I can laugh at my fears.
2 comments:
I couldn't fall asleep last night myself....only it was angry thoughts - sometimes they come out of "nowhere" - particularly when I know I need a good nights rest to be at my best the next day for whatever lies ahead. He has his tactics with us....this morning they seem silly.....better run, your nephew just asked me to come and "slopp a fly with the fly-slopper!"
were you able to slopp the fly;) say hi to my nephew and nieces:) hope you are having good night rests:)
Post a Comment