Sunday, September 24, 2006

confession time

I must admit some very strange quirk about myself that I have discovered today. I have found that I am rather unfair when it comes to the days of the week. In truth, I try to do my best in regards to fairness in all other facets of my life. As a teacher, I try to treat all students as equals. Furthermore, as a wife, daughter, and sister, I try to exercise fairness to the best of my ability. But somehow, when it comes to the seven days of the week I cannot, I absolutely cannot shake my desire for favoritism.

That said, I must admit I just LOVE Sundays over every other day of the week.

I already feel better for admitting such a flaw;) But after having said that I must tell you why this day has captured my fancy above all others. I love the fact that on this day I can meet with other people who share my faith. I love the fact that I can come home to my family members (and hopefully soon, my husband) and just talk for hours regardless of the time. I love taking a cozy nap in the afternoon after good food and great conversation. I love the fact that I can sit here and blog for hours without feeling guilty. Most of all, I love the fact that I don't really have a solid reason for loving Sundays over every other day.

And with that reason, I rest my case. Everyone NEEDS to have a quirk, so I am glad I have discovered another one (of many) today. I hope you too can do the same as well.

2 comments:

kanadians in korea said...

mel! i didn't know you had this blog lol. i kept checking your other one! i'm so happy to have found where you're sharing your thoughts, and will continue to check here regularly. love you girl! em.

SpagettiKopf said...

Sunday was my favorite too - until it became so slammed busy with activities. Note - don't let Sunday become so busy! Now we're roped in....how can we back off and enjoy?