We humans are weak and full of fear, at least if I take myself as a representative! Not that I admit this to myself much of the time, for in the daily routine life itself seems utterly controllable, entirely at my feet ready to be molded. But then life actually happens. I get into an airplane, take off into the deep blue sky, and realize that the plane will land safely or crash entirely without my permission. Which does not stop me from worrying about the rather enormous distance I find myself from earth's surface.
Just yesterday, I had an MRI scheduled to make sure nothing funky is going on in my head (besides the usual). As I entered the room of doom, and took a look at the instrument and the actual space I was to fit in, a deep sense of dread came upon me. No freedom of movement, no control, if just for an hour. On this Saturday, between the crucifixion and the resurrection, 2000 years ago, Christ himself was having the ultimate MRI experience, having letting go of his mortal life, feeling abandoned and with no control, taking upon himself the panic of mankind in order to free us from all fear. Mind you, I am still afraid. But when life is out of control, I know that the one who set me free has all the reins in his hands.
In the end, I'm glad that this modern medical contraption has not yet been used for aerial transportation ...
Ryan
6 comments:
love,
I am so glad that you posted! YAH! You made it through that fearful experience and I am glad that they found a bigger machine to accomodate your claustraphobia;)
Hey dude, I heard about the MRI. I hope that the test results are positive. Hope you both are doing well. Looking forward to seeing you in May!
Been praying for you - yupp - I have often dreaded the idea of ever having to get an MRI - I think they would have to knock me out first. Reid got one - said they played an old MWSmith CD over the intercom for him! :)
Hey - just fyi, I'm having trouble logging onto Blogger - I have to go a complicated roundabout way to get in and I'm not sure why - anyway - that's why I haven't commented lately - but I've been reading! Love you guys!
J
By the way - Ryan - you're a nut! :)
Glad it went well. I'm not sure I could get into that thing, either. Your mom sure doesn't like it!
Good thoughts on this blog. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment